The "Original" Gilbert Family
The first weekend of my Spring Break I was able to travel home to Texas to participate in my sister's ordination service. I was so happy to be there to read in the service and to celebrate this great milestone in my sister's ministry!
I cannot describe my emotions that day. I do not have words to describe how personal this idea of calling is to me so I want to share some words from the ending litany in my sister's service.
It is at services such as these that, "we rejoice that you have found the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet. Therefore, we bless and affirm your ministry, whatever shape it may take." We offer words of blessing, "May you be surprised by God's light in the darkness when you need the illumination of divine guidance... May the passion you feel for your calling give wholeness and life to your vocation." Most of all, "Thanks be to God," that you answered God and will continue to answer God through your ministry.
(adapted from a litany, adapted from Vocation, by Sharlande Sledge)
Love you sis and am so proud to call you Reverend Gilbert.
(Also, am so proud of my husband Caleb, who will be ordained April 15... there must be something in the water?)

No comments:
Post a Comment