That is the question.
I finally came out to Caleb that this question has been on my mind for several weeks now. I am not feeling as alive and healthy as I thought that I would without meat in my diet. I was/am a chicken kind of girl and I am missing my protein and my iron.
I have been assured by my mom and my dad and Caleb that deciding to eat meat for my health does not go against any kind of principle. It is care of self along with feeling strongly about care of animals and environment, still. I am wondering if this not eating meat is contributing to me not feeling quite myself recently... that and all of the changes that are going on in my life.
I am going to start slowly with a little tuna (which I never really stopped) and some chicken broth kinds of things and move into lean meats. Luckily, I am only talking a matter of months, not years. I think there is no better time than now. Sorry to disappoint those of you who are die hard veggies, I will be with you in spirit, but I think this girl has got to change something.
Besides. I love me some Chick-fil-A.
3 comments:
kgg4tkmb
you really do need to take care of yourself and if putting some meat back in your diet will give you the protein you need, you need to do it for your own health. so, take care of yourself!
love you,
Mom
Throwing chicken on the grill....
Aunt Carol
PTL- my rooms is BACK!!! eating a chicken sandwich in honor of you!!
Post a Comment