Well, we made it to 39 weeks and really Miss AK could come any time! She is very low and seems to be getting herself in position. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by! My brain is finally feeling ready to welcome this little love into our lives, see what she looks like and learn all about her.
 |
| Another great shot from our fun maternity pictures with Erika Dare Photography-- thanks to University of Richmond for a beautiful campus! |
Here are a few highlights from her nursery:
 |
| It's hard to get a good full shot of the room because of the angle, but this is from the door looking in. Thanks to Gigi and Papa for the beautiful furniture and for Mimi and Doc for helping me sort through all of the wonderful clothes and gifts. |
 |
| Every good southern girl has a monogram on her wall... |
 |
We love her little library. Daddy has been reading to her every night.
Notice: her elephant piggy bank is waiting to be fed! Only $.50 per visit ;) |
 |
| Hair bands galore! |
 |
| I found this little friend at Hobby Lobby pretty early on as I was putting the nursery together in my brain. I didn't really choose elephants on purpose, they just came about, especially when I found this one with all of my colors! |
 |
| Closet view-- those of you that know me know I had to organize this bad boy! I used an old shoe rack to keep bibs, burp cloths, and bath items. We found the white shelf and cube unit at Target-- I love baskets and cubes, you can put so much in them!! The grey and lavender tubs were on floor sample sale at Pottery Barn, I couldn't resist such a good find! |
 |
| More elephants! They are everywhere-- and when we went grey it was pretty easy to incorporate elephants in. They are actually a symbol of hope, happiness and patience along with being wonderfully cute these days. Thanks Dane and Caitie for the mobile!! |
 |
| One oddity of this house is that many of the rooms do not have overhead lights, so I knew I needed something back in her room. I told my mom that I wanted a chandelier so she and Shelia went to the antique store searching. They found this one and it is perfect!!! Thank you Shelia and Arville, we love this beacon of light. |
We thank God for this journey and are looking forward to the road that lies ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment