Black Bean Burger Review
(Thanks to Mariel for this sweet photo)
I confess. I love me a good black bean burger, and I become a huge snob about them when I am in a local restaurant because I want homemade patties, not just Morningstar farm patties that I could make at home. And, yes! Burgers are made from more than just meat!
This little joint is located on the corner of W. Cary and Cherry streets down in the heart of VCU. Caleb and I found this restaurant because we received a gift card from a friend as a wedding present. I am glad we did! Their black bean burger is to die for!
It is a black bean and sweet potato burger patty served with avocado on a hamburger bun. It has a great sweet flavor to it because of the potato and the avocado adds so much! (It is making me hungry just typing about it now)!
While this restaurant is known for its beer selection, I quite like their black bean burger. This variety is a bit spicier than the first one I mentioned, so beware, but it is thick and served with cilantro-lime slaw and ancho-chili sauce. I usually get this one just as you should a burger, with fries on the side. Caleb cannot go to Capital Ale without getting a pretzel (they are big) and yummy!
This one was a new try for Caleb and me! We both tried the veggie burger. This wasn't a classic black bean but it did have black beans in it. It was very good and paired well on a light bun with all the trimmings. Like I said, it also included other veggies, but I felt like it should go in this review. I had a killer Limeade while there and we enjoyed their specialty dipping sauces.
I hope you'll try one of these burgers! You won't be sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment