
(A good dip picture... you can never go wrong!)

I missed posting for our first anniversary! Caleb and I spent the day watching our videos, one of the ceremony and the other one from our rehearsal dinner, and eating strawberry cake (which sadly was nowhere near as good as Edgar's Strawberry Cake) thinking about all that we have experienced together this year.
It seems our last year was filled with constant change: moving to a new state, parents' illnesses, new school, new jobs, a new church in the last month, plus- oh just figuring out our rhythm in our marriage.

(Caleb waiting to see me for the first time)
Often times I am amazed that I have this great partner next to me. We don't always get everything right. When arguments arise or when we get our signals crossed I turn to Caleb and say, "Well, I've never been married before, have you?" This always lightens our mood and we remember that this journey is good and we are excited to figure out life together.
I love you bub.
Even after one year of marriage I still don't know what my name is? I went to board the plane to travel to CBF General Assembly and my boarding pass was changed to this:
Mary E. Foust Gilbert.
Who am I? Another trip to the DMV is in order to figure this thing out... hopefully, finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment