The question why has been bouncing around in my head over the past week. We celebrated Easter Sunday the 24 of April, what a celebration.
And then a devastating tornado left destruction in its wake, I was scared for my sis and for my friends and other family in Alabama. My heart is sick for these victims and for those first-responders. May the Lord be with you as you grieve.
Then Sunday night: news that Bin Laden is dead. How am I supposed to respond? I have heard questions such as, "Well, if your children/spouse/grandmother/friend had been killed, you would want justice." What is justice? We have been talking in ethics about our way of life as Christians shaped by the practice of the Eucharist. What does that practice teach me here?
Oh Lord, have mercy on us.
So, I turn to Amy Grant for help on this one.
"Why, why, why does it go this way?
Why, why, why and all I can say:
Somewhere down the road there'll be answers to the questions
Somewhere down the road tho' we cannot see it now
And somewhere down the road you will find mighty arms reaching for you
And they will hold the answers at the end of the road.
Yesterday I thought I'd seen it all
I thought I'd climbed the highest wall
Now I see the learning never ends
And all I know to do is keep on walking 'round the bend..."
1 comment:
Love the porch chairs and flowers!
Post a Comment