Seeing the devastation in Japan makes me want go and do; however, that would be silly for me! I have no training in relief efforts and I would make more of a mess than be of any help. But, lucky for me, there are those who will go who will know just what to do, so I will choose to support them in their expertise.
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship is one great way to give. They are sending $5,000 for relief efforts.
Another great way is to buy a print of Japan from my brother-in-law, Matt. Japan is a very special place to Katie and Matt, they honeymooned there in December 2009. They have wonderful prints from their visit as Matt has a great eye for photography. They are $20 a print, all proceeds will go through United Methodist Committee on Relief. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you the information that you need to contact Katie or Matt.
You can view the prints by clicking here.
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship is one great way to give. They are sending $5,000 for relief efforts.
Another great way is to buy a print of Japan from my brother-in-law, Matt. Japan is a very special place to Katie and Matt, they honeymooned there in December 2009. They have wonderful prints from their visit as Matt has a great eye for photography. They are $20 a print, all proceeds will go through United Methodist Committee on Relief. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you the information that you need to contact Katie or Matt.
You can view the prints by clicking here.
May we be reminded of the power of the Earth on which we make our home. May the God of all creation grant relief to those surrounded by devastation. May those who go in response bring a glimmer of hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment