Monday, October 18, 2010

on hebrew...

One of the requirements of my degree is that I take a year of either Hebrew or Greek. I chose to take Hebrew and what better time to start learning something new than my first semester in Seminary?!
We have our Hebrew mid-term tomorrow and I am very anxious about it. I am not usually one to get nervous about tests, but this one is something that I just can't shake. I have put a lot of energy into learning the rules... but sometimes I still cannot recognize things.
One of the professors reminded me today that sometimes you just have to suck it up, take the class, and recognize that it is just a requirement of the degree and not a determinant of your ministry. (Thanks RP).
It's okay if I don't ace Hebrew... it is not my specialty. (But don't you dare think that this means I will be lazy in seeking to learn this complicated language).

2 comments:

Kgilbert said...

I know you won't be lazy in learning this language. In fact, just the opposite - you will study hard, do all the practice work, worry! You will do just fine!

love ya, Mom

Kgilbert said...

I know you won't be lazy in learning this language. In fact, just the opposite - you will study hard, do all the practice work, worry! You will do just fine!

love ya, Mom