
This past weekend was Student.Go orientation in Cook Springs, Alabama. Friday morning I was with the Derrick boys and I found myself on my hands and knees catching baby frogs. Toby, who is six, was enthralled by these frogs and would not stop trying to find them and keep them. At one point we had, I think, 10 or 12 frogs in one cup. I continued to try and explain to Toby that he could not keep the baby frogs because they lived at the camp and needed to stay there. We talked about what it might be like to be captured and put in a scary place and want to go home. Toby loved these small creatures and was in tears thinking about having to give them up.
I was loving watching him watch them. They captured his attention better than any film or coloring sheet could have, he was on a mission to catch them and love them. I just had to share this simple moment I had in the middle of God's creation. How amazing are the things that are around us if we can only stop and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment