"The other day, as I was driving back to campus from work this country song called, "When I get Where I am going" came on the radio station. I turned it off after those words came through my speakers and I thought about that phrase. Where am I going? When will I get there? What does that even mean?
I will be honest and say I have been taking each day one day at a time, some of those days I have been brought to tears because of reactions that I still cannot explain and some of those days I have loved my life so much that I felt like something inside of me was overflowing.
Last Thursday, I made a plan for my last three semesters at Samford. That is crazy to me. I have thought about my future and I have looked back on my past finally seeing now the ways in which God has been shaping me all along, unkown to me. "When I get where I am going..." I will finally see that it is here. There is no greater moment then now."
I found this post buried in the things I write that I never quite finish. It is so strange to meet with the me that I was then and be here now. This was a year and a half ago- many things have happened in my life since then and I still don't know for certain where I am going in the big picture but I know that God has put me here for now. It can be difficult to really grasp this what with graduation like 40 days a way and a wedding in the near future.
Dad and I always say that "whatever God puts in your way" is what you do for the day. Sometimes we long so for the future that we forget that there is the present, there is here and there is now.
Barbara Brown Taylor says, "God has no hands but our hands, no bread but the bread that we bake, no prayers but the ones that we make. Whether we know what we are doing or not." This just brings me comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment